5 Things to Consider When Choosing your Dream Wedding Venue!
Let’s face it, weddings are full of choices and decisions! Everything from flowers to cake, to music and photography. But if there is one choice that will have the greatest impact on your special day, that would be – The Venue!
With so many wedding venues in Melbourne, finding that perfect place is not going to be easy. There are a number of factors to consider, whether you are looking for that perfect ballroom, a cozy restaurant or a stunning view. So, to avoid the last minute disappointment and reject the venue you absolutely loved for a number of reasons, here are a few tips to consider when you choose your dream venue.
- Know your guest list well – Before you even start picking your choices for potential wedding venues, you need to know the number of guests attending your wedding. A too small and congested venue can make the space overcrowded and cramped. Similarly, if the venue is too large, it’ll create a dull atmosphere and people might think the invitees didn’t turn up. Therefore, before you start listing venues, come up with an approximate figure of expected guests.
- Bear in mind your budget – It is important that you make this decision as a couple. Stay true to yourself and decide on how much are you willing to spend on a venue. Set practical goals and do your research, some venues are more affordable than others. The costs will be combined for the location, capacity and other amenities. A bonus tip is, if you are on a tight budget, see if you can reduce the number of guests.
- Select a venue that aligns with your personality – Each couple is different. So, make sure to include both of your likes and tastes while choosing a venue. Whether you go for a beach wedding, a contemporary, modern room or a stunning bayside space like Sandy by the Bay, choose a venue that is a perfect blend of both of your personalities.
- Have an open mind – Not each venue will astonish and surprise you. But, many unexpected venues might make your special day even more memorable. Have an open mind to unique ideas and themes, because you can be surprised with what you get. Go through all your options, but choose a wedding venue that takes all the burden off your shoulders.
- Keep your dates flexible – If you are too focused on a particular wedding date, it might take some time to find locations that can accommodate you for that date. But, if you remain flexible with your dates, you can find your preferred venue much quicker. If you have a dream wedding venue in your mind but can’t afford the rates or if it isn’t available on your date, try scheduling your venue during an off-peak time so there’s less rush and the prices are cheaper.
So, we hope this checklist helps you and your partner to find the perfect wedding venue in Melbourne. Sandy by the Bay is one such wedding venue that you will fall in love with as soon as you see it. With city skyline views and a spectacular backdrop, our function venue is the perfect place for your big day. For exceptional food, views and service, call our Function Manager on (03) 9598 8629 today!