How to Dress Up Your Function Venue on a Budget?
Organising an event can be a pricey business. Therefore, we have come up with a few clever tips to help you dress up your venue on a budget.
Whether you are planning to arrange a wedding, a corporate event or a private party, odds are you want to pep up your function venue without breaking the bank. While selecting the perfect venue of your choice is the primary concern of planning an event, we also know how crucial displays and presentations are. Nobody wants to turn up to an uninviting, empty room, so getting the decorations right will be your key to a successful event. Follow these tips to dress up your function venue on a budget to create an absolute paradise.
- Let it be Natural – Discover smart and quirky ways to use florals and greenery. Large floral supports look beautiful along with floral wrapped handrails. Divide the space using vines, small plants and floral arrangements to give your guests a feeling of closeness. One unique way to create different spaces is by using fountains. They make your space feel fresh and bring in a touch of outdoors to your function. Do not forget to stabilise it all with good lighting.
- Light it Up – Why should you limit yourself with just the lighting provided by the venue? Why not add more drama, change the colour or set the mood with more lighting? Uplighters, fairy lights and candles can be your best buddies when it comes to venue decoration. These elements are cheap but they will make a world of difference and transform your empty space into an atmospheric event space.
- Have a Focal Point – Go all creative and crazy and choose something that represents your theme. While you don’t want to stretch your budget going all out on the entire venue, why not just have a bit of it? You can use fairy light shower behind the band, a boutique tent as a grand entrance or a chill-out zone in the style of an after-hours nightclub? Go all out and make a statement.
- Food Display – Make sure that you use your food to create a point of interest for your guests. Edible food items can be an absolute game-changer and a work of art, all by itself. Use the food as a display on the service line or as a unique centrepiece. These beautiful arrangements can add a fun element in your party without paying for anything extra.
- Get Creative with Balloons and Lanterns – What is a party lacking balloons? Plus, if you blow them yourself, balloon decorations can turn out to be super cheap. Mix and match primary and bright colours for a joyous look and for more mature party goers, stick to one or two colours. Hang the balloons from the ceiling using a curling ribbon or scatter them on the floor, or use the balloons as a backdrop on your floor – be as creative as you can get.
Loved the tips on how to dress-up your function venue but still trying to find that perfect function venue in Melbourne? Sandy by the Bay is a stunning, second-to-none function venue in Melbourne for your dream event. Whether you want to organise a corporate party, a wedding reception or a private event, our breath-taking venue has not just the perfect view and backdrop, but reliable event managers that will go all out to make your event a grand success. Give our friendly team a call on 03 9598 8629 and you’ll be on your way to an unforgettable event!